Sunday, September 30, 2007

Md Libraries Learning 23 Things

In looking back over the past two months at my blog and that of my coworkers, it is amazing that the first posts of our blogs we have withheld our feelings and thoughts. Some of us seem to be unsure of the up coming adventure, I know I was. As time progressed, I enjoyed reading some of the "not so work related" entries that my coworkers added to their blogs some of them were just too funny.
Me personally, I liked discovering the use of the RSS feeds, learning flickr, podcasts and mostly this last exercise Project Gutenberg! I will take this exercise as a lifelong learning opportunity to improve my technological skills which in the past were limited. I feel it was a bit long and maybe 16 things would be a more realistic challenge due to the time frame in which we had. Most of the Md. 23 I completed at home to give me a better understanding as to what I was doing without interruptions or feeling like I was spending too much time on "company" pay. However, I didn't feel that this was too overwhelming. It also gave me the chance to really learn the ins and outs of what myself and the computer is capable of. I feel some of the resources explained in this program will be a fabulous tool for librarians to use in the daily work place. I would love the challenge to participate in another learning experience offered.
Thanks to all of my coworkers for sharing their thoughts and ideas and most of all their time and patience helping me along.

No comments: