Sunday, September 30, 2007

ITEM # 22!

For a minute there, I though Project Gutenberg was an attempt to better a really bad actor into something worth watching. I was so wrong! Project Gutenberg is really a fantastic use of technology! Although I did not like the computer-generated voice (freaked me out) I did like the pleasant voice of the "human" readers. I visited one of my favorite "old" authors Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I have been a fan of such writers as Dumas, Agatha Christy and Sir Doyle. I will search out these particular authors in the winter when my schedule isn't as busy. The Sign Of Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is the e-book I chose to listen to (while I dusted furniture). Haven't heard/read that one before. I think this is a fabulous tool especially if you are home bound or physically impaired or just have too much housework to "sit and read" a book. I never really considered audio books since I really do enjoy reading but this is an option to consider especially since some of these items are no longer in print.

http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/d#a69

No comments: